To become more proficient with the Photoshop tools as well as finding a creative use of the tools to achieve an interesting design.
To be responsible in following copyright laws when using digital images from stock photo websites.
Upper School theme is “Time”.
Some of the songs being played by the band and chorus are:
- High School Band
Time is Running Out
Legend of Time
Chords of Life
A Thousand Years
- Review over the project.
- Research about the theme of the Spring Show (see above). Start by writing down things that may relate to the themes (music notes, singing, chorus, etc.). Then, collect images that you might use for the program design. You can use the images to help you with the program design sketches. You may not use images with pre-made graphics. You need to make all graphics on your own.
- Sketch out 2 ideas for the program cover. 10 points
- You must use images from public domain websites to follow copyright laws. Click on Resources to find links to public domain images.
- Begin working in Photoshop. Go to Open > New. Make sure to set up the size of your document Width 5.5 inches and Height 8.5 inches and 120 resolution. This is the size of the program cover and it will keep you from working to small.
- Because of the theme this year I created vector notes for you to possible use in your design. You are not required to use the notes but if you feel they fit in your design they are available to you. Please click here. Click the link vector_notes.zip and open the zipped file. Extract the AI file to your network folder.
- Blend Modes
- Textures – BittBox: Free Texture Tuesday
- Layer Masks
- Color Adjustments
- Text, titles, and information.
You must use…
Photoshop as the primary program
You may use…
PSD art brushes
Illustrator to create some of your graphic objects
Character and model sheets will be graded on:
Meeting the Objectives/Goals
Project worth 100 points. The student whose program cover gets picked to be used for the Spring Show will receive an extra 10 points.
Spring show program design
2008 – 2009 Spring Show
The theme was Show Tunes
2009-2010 Spring Show
The two that were used for Lower and Upper school programs.
More spring show covers.
2011 Cover Choices – Ben Lu and Grant Harris!
Other student designs
Christmas program designs
2009 – 2010 Christmas Program